7 years in book e-commerce
11 years in marketing & PR
11 years in creative writing
I can help you build your author platform and get the word out to communities near and abroad.
My industry areas of expertise are: adult literary fiction, memoir, essay collections, business, natural health and wellness, and food writing.
Contact me anytime to schedule a free consultation. Now booking for Summer and Winter 2018 campaigns.
MARKETING AND PUBLICITY CONSULTING SESSIONS
If you're on a tight budget and you have a DIY spirit...
Over the course of several consulting sessions (via in person, phone or video conference), we can discuss your book project, where you are in your author platform development, customize a plan to help build your presence where it counts, navigate marketing and PR challenges, solidify the details of a meaningful grassroots campaign and increase book sales. We'll set goals and milestones for the next 6 months and you'll work primarily on your own (or with a team of your choice) with the plan we've created together, and I'll be available to answer questions in as many sessions as you need.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Consulting sessions are offered on a sliding scale to make it affordable for all authors starting at $50-125/session. ALL SESSIONS INCLUDE: prep questions, an master strategy document, meeting time, a recording/notes from each meeting, and next step recommendations
LITERARY PUBLICITY OUTREACH PACKAGES
If you have a good handle on your marketing & social platforms but need help reaching out to the media about your new book...
Getting media coverage and reviews for your book can be one of the biggest challenges of your book release. Whether working with your publisher's team or directly with you, I can help with:
- Creating an online media kit and/or unique, themed press package
- Mailing review copies and press packages
- Finding book reviewers and following up on reviews
- Tracking press coverage & social mentions to help you stay informed
- Creating a media outreach list
- Drafting press releases, releasing news items, and handling press distribution
- Securing blog tours, book tours, speaking events, readings, appearances, and helping you partner with similar authors to widen the potential audience
- Scheduling interviews for magazines, websites, video, radio, podcasts
My business and writing clients have received coverage in Huffington Post, Inc. Garden & Gun, Food & Wine, CNN, The Mighty, Food52, Eater, Men's Journal, New York Magazine, Conde Nast Traveler, Outside Magazine, Southern Living, The New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and elsewhere.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Literary publicity packages are typically a 3-month minimum engagement (lasting up to 1 year or ongoing if you like working together) and will be customized for your book's timeline, budget and needs. You need to contact me & set up your free consult at least 3-6 months in advance of your book's release.
FULL-SERVICE MARKETING AND PUBLICITY MANAGEMENT
If you're really busy, hate social media & technology, or just want to focus on writing...
Your writing is an art, but your author career is a business, and like any other business, you need to invest some attention and love to help it grow. If you are really busy, feel overwhelmed by the phrase "platform building," or loathe the idea of marketing your book, let me help you make it easier. We'll first figure out what your marketing & PR budget should be and how to stretch every dollar. Then I'll roll up my sleeves and get to work, and we'll have a monthly meeting where we can run down our checklist and you can see what kind of progress we're making. You focus on the parts you love, and I'll take care of the rest:
- Author website design
- Social media platform set-up and maintenance/training
- Email set-up and maintenance/training
- 6-12 months of marketing strategy and management: advertising, partnerships, giveaways, sales, user-generated content, direct mail, social, email, and more
- 6-12 months of literary publicity strategy and management: press kit, galley distribution, press list creation, outreach, event and appearance coordination, book tour scheduling, and more
What you need to know:
Full-service packages are a 6-month minimum engagement and customized to fit your budget and needs.
PAST & RECENT CLIENTS
Jodi Rhoden, author of Cake Ladies and a forthcoming memoir, My Life in Cake
Will Wise, author of Ask Powerful Questions
Michael Diettrich-Chastain, author of Changes
Christine Kane, author of The Complete Guide to Vision Boards
Berit Ellingsen, author of Not Dark Yet and the forthcoming novel
Dr. Gus Vickery, author of Authentic Health